The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just set up a new planted tank last week and planted the hell out of it. I inject co2 and have 192Watts of light on a 45g. But the tank is right in the window. Well I went away for 5 days, I had all my lights and co2 on timers but some time when I was away one of my cats chewed a hole in my co2 hose and needless to say the co2 stopped. When I came home the glass was almost completely covered in algae and all the leaves on all the plants were covered in BBA. It took me hours to clean the glass and all the leaves. I did the best I could but there was still a little left. I fixed the co2 and got some ottos.
Where does Algae come from and how can we prevent it. In my other planted tanks I have enough ottos to keep it under control but with out them my tanks would be green.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Algae is everywhere.. Live with them. Be one with them. Make peace with them. There's no preventing them..

It's like death & taxes.

You can control them with controlled lights & nutrients & regular water change. Sounds like you have lots of lights, too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts