The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10g, DIY co2, liquid fert + dry fert (ADA)..
medium light.

I noticed that there are some hair algae on my christmas moss. I had them tied to 2 rocks. so It was easy to take them out and spray jet on it, and mildly brush it with my fingers. It seem to come off. But, a few days later, I can see its back.

And I also have seen some BBA (if Im not mistaken) on my anubias leaves.

How can I get rid of these algae, naturally?

Should I increase my CO2? Should I reduce my light? Should I do WC more frequently? Help to give me some advice. thanks.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I checked out your tank blog. SWEET tank!

In this recent picture:

The leaf at the bottom left is showing classic signs of potassium deficiency. Pinholes on older growth, that slowly enlarge, and are surrounded by yellow. Any deficiency can lead to algae growth.

I'm a high-tech guy, so I may not be able to help directly with your fert regimen. But post the details so others can look at them.

Would also be interested to see additional details on your CO2, since fluctuations can cause BBA. Do you have a drop checker with 4dKH solution, and what color is it? How much yeast/sugar in each bottle? How often are they changed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.