·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

i found an Algae in my moss well i cant take a pic for it because it is so thin

i will try to describe it

it is like long hair about 5 inches long it is very thin and hard to be seen
when i used a magnifying glass i saw its structure like a very very small circles attached together to make this line that in the end looks like a hair

it is very annoying and now it is in all mu mosses even it have outgrown my moss

mosses affected java moss, xmas moss, stringy moss

Please help with its ID and how to remove it

some info about my tank its about 10 gallons , lighting is medium i use DIY co2
i dose kno3, kh2po4

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have tried it and it worked just fine the algae became white :D but i have too much places to Spot treat i want to add it in the tank but how much per G i have a 30 vol H2O2

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
If this is a very thin green strand with what looks like round things in it every few inches...like every 2-3 inches...not hair algae. If it's hair algae it comes apart when you try to pull on it. But if that other plant, it is hard to break the strand. Only heard the name of it once, but pulling it out manually is the only solution I know of and shold be done ASAP as it will take over and be next to impossible to remove without damage to plants after it does.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sounds similar to what I had. If it's same, I Added a lot of ghost shrimp and they ate all of it. They are cheap so even if don't work, not like your out a lot of money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.