The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i posted on a different thread but didnt have much luck. Someone did provide me with some helpful links on algae but Im still not sure on the the direction I should take. I know that I need a balance of Light, Ferts, and co2. just not sure where I stand.here are some details ....

My tank has been set up for about two months. I've been getting algae on all my plants can someone help with id and any tips on getting rid of it. I included 2pics and dime info

29 gallon

Finnex planted plus I had it on for 8hrs but now I'm down to 6hrs

Ammonia and nitrites @ 0ppm

Nitrates @ 10ppm

No co2

I dose 3 ml of flourish excel daily

I put osmocote plus in the substrate when I started 2 months ago

8 rummynose
8 harlequin rasboras
3 Amano shrimp
1 dwarf gourami
2 otos

Plant Terrestrial plant Botany Vegetation Grass

Plant Flower Terrestrial plant Grass Agriculture

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Looks like too high of light raise it or add screen to dim. What tyoe of ferts? Macro micro?

Remove algae with toothbrush. I had some of that stringy algae in my moss and i had to just throw it out.

Bump: I cant find the par values on that fixture maybe someone can chim in

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah,
I cant find any solid info on the PAR value of the the finnex fixture. The only thing I can find is a WPG measurement but I don't think that applies when using LED'S.

As far as ferts go I'm still a bit confused on what direction to take. When I started the tank 2 months ago I used osmocote plus under the eco complete substrate. I planted heavy and I noticed a huge growth once the tank cycled and I started to add flourish excel. I had some swords melt so I cut the dead leaves any new leaves growing seem thin and pale. So I guess what i'm getting at is I have no idea the difference between macro and micro and how to go about it.

Ill have to try the toothbrush method this week when i do a water change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.