The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these staghorn or hair or fuzz algae ? And what should I do to get rid of them ? The algae which you see on the driftwood , should I remove them with a brush or keep them? I worry scraping them will spread algae everywhere. Also how do I remove algae from moss ?

*Tank is a 100 liter tank ( 75 x 32 x 41 cm ). 1 and half months old since setup
*Substrate : ADA amazonia on top of ADA powersand
*Light : chihiros RGB A601 ( 2400 lumens ). 7hrs photoperiod. I used it with a Fluval plant 3.0 light ( 2300 lumens ) before and now I'm only running the chihiros light
*Pressurized co2 : 2 bubbles per second
*Fertilizer : recently I changed from Tropica specialized to Tropica premium since I had a feeling algae bloomed because of excess nitrogen phosphate and ammonia. Unfortunately there are no water test kits available at the moment. I'll be able to get my hands in the coming weeks
PH : average at about 5.5
*Filter : Fluval 207
*Stock : 2 neons , 4 pencil fish , 2 emerald rasbora , 2 otos , 4 dwarf chilli rasbora. And recently I added 5 amano shrimps and 2 nerites for algae
*As of now I'm doing a 30-40% water change every 3 days

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.