The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
luckily, being a snail breeder, i like algae blooms in my tanks. but healthy algae for the snails, not anything dangerous that can mess with my water.

my invert tank had it's walls with some algae a wile back, kinda darkish green. then the snails started to keep it down and down and then it was gone. i started feeding the snails more lettuce after that, but now recently, i had a bunch of ramhorns hatch. surprisingly, even though there is more snails then before in there, i had an algae bloom on my walls.

it's like in small spots, bright green, very pretty.

i was just wodnering, how the heck did algae start growing back with that many snails in there!?

i'm happy about the algae, just don't understand :confused: <-- why is this wierd looking? it's suposed to be a guy with question marks above his head...

·
Registered
889 Posts
i'm happy about the algae, just don't understand :confused: <-- why is this wierd looking? it's suposed to be a guy with question marks above his head...
Don't know about the algae but I noticed the same thing with the smilie lol as well as this one : :cool: It's supposed to be a blue guy ....

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
What kind of lighting do you have in your tank? Might be high lighting and lack of fertilizers which is a large cause of algae growth.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
idk what the lighting is. it is whatever came with it when my sister bought it years ago.

and i know why the emotes changed. the picture on the smily list was the same but the output was different. the smilies are new and changed i believe. look at your smily list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts