The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got two female and a male the other day and they seem to not like the food I give them... I feed them algae wafers and the so called favorite food zucchini. They don't move a lot they just stay where the filter is and this morning I found the little female dead lack of food?

·
Registered
88 Posts
could have not accumilated well. Try a protein food and feed at nite after lights been off for awhile.

If that fails, go to lfs they have a Garlic extreme believe made by kent marine, soak the wafer in it for a couple mins then toss it in the tank the wafer. Garlic helps feed them finicky eaters and boosts their immune system

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Mine won't touch Zucchini during the day. But at night I use an LED pen (it's actually a cat toy with a red laser and a blue LED) to spy on my tank. Normally there will be at least 2 or more ABN's on the Zucchini. They just don't like to eat during the day I guess even though I see them cleaning rocks/wood all day.

Wierd little critters aren't they?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have a large male that is not fond of zucchini. He loves cucumbers though. Try those. Also I have had very good luck with New Life Spectrum H2O Stable Wafers. These are very tough fish. Your female was probably starved unfortunately. They are very hungry fish. My male cleaned a heavily infested 40G breeder overnight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I read somewhere that you can tell if your pleco is getting enough to eat by looking at the dimples under his eyes. If they are deep (concave) then hes starving. If they protrude, (convex) then he is getting enough food.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.