The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was doing a water change on my 10 gallon and found six cory fry. We had eggs a couple of weeks ago and they developed a fungus over them so I removed them. I guess half a dozen were good. I have them in with four very small Cories and a very very small Otto. I hope these little guys make it. This is my first batch of Cory fry. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had been hoping they would breed for a few months now and then one day....eggs everywhere. I removed all the other fish from the tank besides the ones stated and was disappointed by the fungus that grew. I told my wife that apparently the eggs were not fertilized. Learn something new every day.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
If it's one of their first spawns, the fertilization rate is usually very low compared to what it will be as they continue to mature. Albino cory fry are very easy to raise and such a sight when you see all those litlte white tails in the air as they scour through the substrate looking for tasty morsels!! They typically lay well over 100 eggs when they are fully mature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts