The Planted Tank Forum banner

Albino cory fry question

859 3
My albino cory eggs just hatched....all one billion of them. Do albino corys always breed true if you breed albino to albino? Just wondering since they're all very transparent. I wasn't sure if they're just that clear because they just hatched or because they're albino.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The albino gene is recessive, so as long as both parents are albino you should have decent odds of all albino offspring. There are no guarantees of 100% though. I've seen albino BN throw out standard colorations along with the albino.

Keep us posted so we can see how they turn out for you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:
Of the 70+ eggs that hatched, I only have 8 living fry now. All of which are still clear in their coloration. They only recently started swimming around regularly - they usually all just kind of sat around at the bottom all day long. I had all the fry in an aerated 1-gal bucket at first, so that likely had something to do with the low survival rate. I would have put them all in the breeder box inside the main tank, but they were small enough to fit through the slits and get into the main tank, and I couldn't find a breeder *net* at any store around me.

I'll continue to try and update you all on how it's going, but I recently started a new job and man, do I not have much free time to keep up with 4 tanks any more...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.