The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

So I have been setting up my new 55G for a while and just got it planted about 2 weeks ago with the usual java ferns, cabomba, dwarf hair grass etc in eco complete. The plants have been stable for a week with weekly ferts and root tabs, so i started adding my 3 cory cats from another tank, one every two days. They really seem to like it, and most recently I added two pumps to get some circulation going. Importantly, I also adjusted my heater down a few notches because the tank was hovering at ~82 deg F. BTW, it's low tech tank with an overhead Current Satellite set for 6 hours day light.

To my surprise, there are cory cat eggs on the pumps, behind my filter inlet and other places on the tank! I'm not sure if I should do anything about them or not. I only have 3 cats and 3 loaches in there right now. If the eggs get inseminated and hatch, what do you guys recommend? Everyone else seems to want to remove the other fish and raise the fry, but would it be OK to just leave them in? If they get eaten by the other fish, oh well, and if not, I guess I can feed them microworms?

Advice!

and thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yay! I'm at 0 ammonia, 0.125 nitrite, 5 nitrate (all ppm), pH 7-7.3, 76 deg F with a good amount of circulation. I guess that worked, even though I wasn't trying!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Before I got my loaches my cories would lay eggs weekly. 3 made it to adulthood. My loaches learnerd to eat the eggs from the cories clutch before she could even lay them.
No mor babies for me.
Congrats. I enjoyed watching the young ones hide in my blyxa and grow to adulthood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts