The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an albino bristlenose catfish for more that 2 years maybe three. He was about 4 inches and he just died. when I found his dead body there were brownish green spots on parts of him. I think he died because I just got three new discus which I feed beefheart, mysis shrimp and freezedried tubifex worms and he started eating leftover discus food. Is this what killed him or was he just old?

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
I had an albino bristlenose catfish for more that 2 years maybe three. He was about 4 inches and he just died. when I found his dead body there were brownish green spots on parts of him. I think he died because I just got three new discus which I feed beefheart, mysis shrimp and freezedried tubifex worms and he started eating leftover discus food. Is this what killed him or was he just old?
Did the BN die before or after the Discus?.....DC

·
Registered
888 Posts
What are your water parameters? Any unusual behavior observed before your discus and BN died?

·
Registered
376 Posts
the EXACT EXACT EXACT same thing happened to me with my roseline shark :( it dint have any spots or odd markings, but it had a hugely bloated belly, and it was floating. i fear he overate himself to death. nothing else died, including clown loaches, zebra loaches, cards and rummies and rainbows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts