The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow New Yorkers,

Here in the city I know we can get anything. So does anyone know where I can hunt down some akadama double red line soil for a new shrimp tank? 15 gal tank.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
FYI

Any stock left would likely be in the bonsai/gardening shops. Akadama drl was barred from import 2+ years ago so

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea thats what I am hearing, was curious if anyone saw some at any shops or had some stashed. Any alternatives to ADA before I pull the trigger and spend an arm and a leg on shipping? Ive always had under 10 gallon tanks with shrimp deaths so Im switching to a larger tank and want to do it right.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've heard that Monster (flushing) also carries ADA with reasonable prices. Call them up to find out the details you are looking for.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Monster aquarium has the Mr Aqua Aquarium soil in stock.

I'd skip the used substrate, especially for shrimp keeping. A trace of anything toxic may eventually lead to deaths and its not worth the risk.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went ahead and just ordered some ADA normal type, already shipped out to me. Now I just need to get it here, get the UGF set up, pick up a sponge filter and start cycling while I hunt for shrimp and moss!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts