The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nutrafin ladder is giving me trouble after i installed a bubble counter because the bubbles jump off the ladder. I then put on an airstone I had ( topfin). Nothing is coming out of it, but when I squeeze the bubble counter then co2 comes out. I have seen other diy mixes with an airstone as a diffuser and they get co2 out of it. I don't know why co2 isn't coming out of mine.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
256 Posts
My nutrafin ladder is giving me trouble after i installed a bubble counter because the bubbles jump off the ladder. I then put on an airstone I had ( topfin). Nothing is coming out of it, but when I squeeze the bubble counter then co2 comes out. I have seen other diy mixes with an airstone as a diffuser and they get co2 out of it. I don't know why co2 isn't coming out of mine.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated
I don't have a nutrafin bottle, but is there an o-ring to seal the cap? How many bubbles per minute were you getting without the airstone?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Need to make sure your air stone is not plugged up. Also, make a soap and water solution check for leaks. Also, the pressure might need to build up a bit before it starts pumping down into the water. More likely a leak or stone is plugged.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Also, the ladder thing, You need to clean it real good and make sure the little hose end connector is installed pointed in the correct direction. Then make sure the ladder is vertical and level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.