The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a t-piece so I could have my air pump hooked up and air line going into two separate tanks. But when I turn my air pump on, air only comes out of the second air stone, no air seems to get to the first. I dont know why?? I would have thought it would just have been shared equally :/

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one of them is a jar about 10" tall and a few in diameter, which I plan on hatching artemia in to feed fish when I get some, and the other is a small tank of about a foot long which i put spare plants in. The bigger tank is the one where the air comes out, so it couldnt be a pressure issue if it works on this one surely?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
You need to use an air valve manifold that has adjusting valves, it is typically called a gang valve. It allows you to adjust the air flow individually to different tanks.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
Even if the two appear to work the same when new, one will often clog just a bit sooner and then you will need to adjust. Also when buying, go for one that will give you one extra to let excess air bleed off. If the diaphram in the pump has to work against too much pressure it will shorten it's life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.