The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got all of the parts to finish this. I just need to solder the wires on the power adapter and it will be all done. :)

Airgas Y14-C445B (Parker IR6000) w/ Parker SS CGA320
Parker 3 watt SS 24V DC solenoid
Parker H3L metering valve
SMC 1 psi cp check valve
316 SS fittings

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Oooh man, totally envious. How is that Parker solenoid working out? How the heat? I love that idea of the quick disconnect Bettatail did, seem like the way to go. Is that a connector from a PC? One of those fan connectors?

Great build Aaron, I wrote down your name to the list of -"people with a better Co2 build than me", the list is getting longer.

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree having connectors is nice. I actually tracked down the mating molex connector that these came with and realized that crimping the tiny male pins must require a special tool because I tried about 6 times and they just got all mangled. So, soldering it is.

The male elbows are Cajon Swagelok brand.

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those elbows are old school. The new version looks just like the one with the swagelok logo.
I knew someone would know more than I did about those elbows. :)

I had the solenoid on for 16 hours and it got very warm, but not quite as warm as my Burkert 6011. It's definitely a solid choice. It's 1 watt less than the Burkert and a full metal body so I think that helps it stay cooler. It looks cooler too. :D

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got some of those old school elbow too.

Which one is going to be your personal reg?
They'll all be the same so I'll do eenie meenie minie mo. :) I have a line on another one I like so I may keep only one. Stupid addicting hobbies within hobbies. :D

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And finally the trio is complete. Now I'm just waiting on power adapters to arrive. I have some already, but I found some nicer ones that are the slim kind like oldpunk78 used on his recent Matheson 3810 build.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
And finally the trio is complete. Now I'm just waiting on power adapters to arrive. I have some already, but I found some nicer ones that are the slim kind like oldpunk78 used on his recent Matheson 3810 build.

beautiful, one of the best IR6000 systems, and three of them!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

I thought you photoshop that picture as a joke, then I realize you actually have 3 similar Parker builds.

You should take one of those into a Parker distributor and ask them how much for 2 similar copies. When they ask you why and trust me, they will, tell them its for a fish tank.

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought you photoshop that picture as a joke, then I realize you actually have 3 similar Parker builds.

You should take one of those into a Parker distributor and ask them how much for 2 similar copies. When they ask you why and trust me, they will, tell them its for a fish tank.
Ha, I can't afford 2 more @ retail prices. :D I'm not sure the exact retail on the solenoid, but I'm fairly certain all together one setup is about $1500.00 retail.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.