The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a large air pump for running multiple sponges and Matten filters.

Let me know what you got or if there is a brand that you love and care to share the brand name.

Thanks
Jamie

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Going to be setting up a shrimp rack very soon and have done a ton of research on this... Jehmco is the way to go! Depending on your needs you can either go diaphragm or linear... Check it out! John, the owner i believe, is very quick at getting back to people with questions

Thanks!

Do you know the Pros/Cons of diaphragm and linear? I'm not too familiar with the differences.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I bought a 1/8 horsepower Gast regenerative air blower. I run about 40 air outlets off of it. Best thing I ever did. A little more costly up front but there's really no upkeep beyond replacing the brushes in the motor occasionally.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks!

Do you know the Pros/Cons of diaphragm and linear? I'm not too familiar with the differences.
Both will do the job, though Linear is usually for 35-40 outlets and up. Linear is more expensive than diaphragm, but is almost silent. They are seriously quiet. I have a diaphragm pump from Jehmco, and it has been great. It is still really quiet - a low hum that just sort of "white noises" into the background - and gives me plenty of air. It was a huge difference in going from a room of individual single and dual pumps to one large pump hooked up to a PVC closed loop system. Definitely a good upgrade for me. Also, big +1 to the folks at Jehmco. Called them and they walked me through everything. Very pleased. Even talked me into a more affordable choice because I just didn't need the extra power the one that I was looking at put out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts