The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on a simple air pump that would work for at least 4 sponge filters? I want one sponge filter for my one 10g, my other 10g, my 5g, and my 40g, but if I could run more that would be great. Its for my quarantine setup. Does the air flow have to be a certain strength when it comes to sponge filters on the larger tanks like 40g or larger? Or as long as its bubbling, you're good? I never knew if there is a guideline of how much air you need depending on tank size or perhaps sponge size. If you know please fill me in!

Would something like the Fusion 700 air pump work fine? All suggestions are welcome. Trying to keep it cheap and simple right now.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
You could probably get away with the fusion 700 but to since you are wanting to send air to different tanks and more importantly at different depths the fusion would probably give you barely any bubble sin the deeper 40g and most of the other air to the more shallow tanks.

You would be best off with a linear air pump. They are much more expensive but you will be sure to have the amount of air you want in any of the tanks you want to have it sent to.

Here are a few good choices that even the most basic pumps from these manufacturers would give you more then you would likely ever need.

http://www.aquacave.com/HD Air Pumps Catalog.aspx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.