The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm about to start setting up my first paludarium, After a lot of research Ive been reading that air movement in the tank is very important. My idea is to have pc fans set up behind the walls to move air around the tank and have fans pull air in from outside the tank and blow it across the water to cool the tank if the temp gets to high. All fans will be setup with speed controllers. Problem is how many fans?
The tank is 600x600x700mm. Any help would be great.

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I dont know if there is a right or wrong answer. If it was mine I would use four or five 120mm fans. That way you have air movement across the whole width of the tank.

I'm assuming you will be using pc fans.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Why not have an open top paludarium and just the LED light overhead?

One Purple Kessil LED will make those terrestrial plants happy.

No overheating to worry about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If i have a open top will i have problems keeping up the humidity? Ive got a monsoon 400 and a zoomed fogger going one. The plan is down the trank to add red eyed tree frogs. But i want to do a full cycle first and have the sump running for 3 or 4 months first. Plus settle the plant in.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well to keep in the frogs you will need a screened lid.

With the heated air from the heated water should be plenty to cause some convectional air flow.

Foggers/misters work wonders for humidity.

Check out this beauty http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/25-riparium-terrarium-vivarium/502129-15g-paludarium.html

My suggestion is to start the hardscape and then experiment with humidity and air circulation.

You may even change your mind on waterfalls, plants and animals. It's part of the fun to aquascape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.