The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm very new to this, been researching as much as possible before asking anything and now my question. I was writing up my list of possible plants to own and requirements and came across a plant that requires good air flow, how would this be created in a vivarium, or just avoid this plant all together

·
Registered
457 Posts
I was writing up my list of possible plants to own and requirements and came across a plant that requires good air flow, how would this be created in a vivarium, or just avoid this plant all together
I like your choice of words and thinking ahead: "possible plants to own and requirements". Small electronic fans (usually the common d/c computer fans of various sizes) are often incorporated into growing enclosures to increase airflow if needed. Fans can definitely become a 'catch-22' in high humidity set-ups, but they can be put on timers to control the airflow intervals to help keep humidity levels in check.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
As stated above, a small cheap computer fan and a small opening in lid for it to push air into (make sure its meshed over/sealed around it to keep vivarium fauna (and live food for it like fff) in).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts