The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as an air filter for the pump for an airstone? I am surrounded by wildfires, so the air quality is not that good. I've noticed that my shrimp are kind of quiet recently, so I suspect something may have gotten into the water from the air that's being bubbled thru it constantly. On bad days, I notice that if I leave a glass of water out overnight, it will taste a little funny in the morning.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Is there such a thing as an air filter for the pump for an airstone? I am surrounded by wildfires, so the air quality is not that good. I've noticed that my shrimp are kind of quiet recently, so I suspect something may have gotten into the water from the air that's being bubbled thru it constantly. On bad days, I notice that if I leave a glass of water out overnight, it will taste a little funny in the morning.
Might I suggest an air purifier for your fish room? Should be beneficial in many ways and not just for your tank.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That proves my point which ppl dont understand when im talking about gas exchange and where you are located in the world. Perhaps, ppl now can understand my concerns about the subject.

I dont know about it, but i would think about a cigarette filter, cut it out and make it fit in the tube

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
That proves my point which ppl dont understand when im talking about gas exchange and where you are located in the world. Perhaps, ppl now can understand my concerns about the subject.

I dont know about it, but i would think about a cigarette filter, cut it out and make it fit in the tube

Yea true, but you should really explain about it. I was honestly lost with your reply. But with your response now, I understand. And I apologize, I wasn't poking fun at you in the other thread.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yea true, but you should really explain about it. I was honestly lost with your reply. But with your response now, I understand. And I apologize, I wasn't poking fun at you in the other thread.
Its all about atmospheric pressure and densities

One thing i found that is one of my passions in this hobby is the fact that aquarism is about eveything from biology ofc, to mechanics and geology.

Thats one motive i think everybody should give their children 1 aquarium so they can know how to relate with these things, because kids today know more about everything but less about how to interact with everything.

For sure thats my point of view but it is a good one lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check this one out. Might be worth looking into. If it's good enough for beer, it has to be good enough for a fish tank!
Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. It should take care of the mechanical filtration of particles and etc. But what about things like vapors, fumes, etc? I was thinking maybe some kind of carbon mesh, like they use in the air purifiers.
Maybe this sounds too cautious, but there was a thread here a while ago about how somebody's shrimp died because their neighbor was painting the house and the fumes drifted in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.