The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an airstone bar positioned horizontally along the bottom of my tank up against the rear glass and there are a lot of bubbles accumulating on the surface against the rear glass... Is there something wrong with my water conditions? They don't dissipate and just move around with the current.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Bubbles that don't pop regularly are a sign of lower water conditions. ammonia. nitrite, and high levels of nitrate can cause foam, or slow to pop bubbles. i have two tanks that bubbles go up the back glass and pop quite frequently, the biggest ones last about 1 second.

perform a few 30% water changes, or a big 70.. and see what happens

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
A lot of bubbles accumulating on the surface could also be due to that oily surface film that sometimes happens which can also be attributed to less than stellar water quality. Try increasing your surface agitation and circulation in addition to the water changes that HD recommended. The additional agitation will, as you know, increase oxygenation which will benefit your biofilter, fish, plants, water quality, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.