The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife over the weekend said to me, “instead of always spending money here and there on these small aquariums why don’t we just get you the large aquarium you want.?”
what!?!?!?!
Then she pulls her phone out and said “ what about like this? , this waterbox company?”
:eek:
I almost fell over.
“ I like the look of these”
After looking at their site, I fell in love with their Reef series that comes ready to go.
of course the reef 180, which is a 137 gal aquarium with a 30 or so gallon sump without lights is super expensive.
also started looking at their clear pro series 6025, but I want to run a sump real bad.
also looked at the AI prime fw lights, and love the idea of small lights that stay out of your way and are controllable by your phone.
anyone use these ?
if I used the 3 light set up on their clear pro 6025 series am I going to need to run CO2 due to their intensity?
I also have been building tanks at Custom Aquarium as I really like they stealthbox overflow system; I was thinking of a 5’x2’x2’ aquarium all set up for a DIY sump.
anyone buy from them here ?
I’m trying to figure out lighting, with a 5’ tank, you need to go with a pendant style light I imagine as most strip led lights go from 48” to 72”.
Thoughts.

·
Registered
290 Posts
So my wife over the weekend said to me, “instead of always spending money here and there on these small aquariums why don’t we just get you the large aquarium you want.?”
what!?!?!?!
Then she pulls her phone out and said “ what about like this? , this waterbox company?”
:eek:
I almost fell over.
“ I like the look of these”
After looking at their site, I fell in love with their Reef series that comes ready to go.
of course the reef 180, which is a 137 gal aquarium with a 30 or so gallon sump without lights is super expensive.
also started looking at their clear pro series 6025, but I want to run a sump real bad.
also looked at the AI prime fw lights, and love the idea of small lights that stay out of your way and are controllable by your phone.
anyone use these ?
if I used the 3 light set up on their clear pro 6025 series am I going to need to run CO2 due to their intensity?
I also have been building tanks at Custom Aquarium as I really like they stealthbox overflow system; I was thinking of a 5’x2’x2’ aquarium all set up for a DIY sump.
anyone buy from them here ?
I’m trying to figure out lighting, with a 5’ tank, you need to go with a pendant style light I imagine as most strip led lights go from 48” to 72”.
Thoughts.
I’d bet a 4ft fixture would be perfectly fine for a 5ft tank. No need to limit yourself strictly to pendants.

Can also use multiple larger units, say 2 RGB vivid, UNS Titan or RGB Solar...I think those are all approx 18”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use 2x AI Prime freshwater on a 75. I really like them. The app is nice enough to use, I like setting up ramping lights so the tank is at least dimly illuminated most of the day, and these lights don't lose time when the power goes out, unlike other cheaper programmable lights.

I think you would need 3 for a 60 inch (5ft) tank. It's bright enough to grow a nice carpet even at 22 inches deep water with just 2 on a 48 inch tank. 3 on a 60" would be bright and have solid coverage. They are really adjustable so if you wanted a low light tank that wouldn't be a problem, although 3 of them would be quite pricey for low light. CO2 is fun. Dont be afraid to try it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.