The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so I rented a PAR meter, should be here tomorrow.

These are the metrics I plan to get, can anyone think of other things I should grab w/ this?

I plan to do MULTIPLE tests with different channel % configs.

Code:
Light Brand	Height	Glass	Red Channel	White Channel	Warm W Channel	Green Channel	Blue Channel	0" off center	4" off center	8" off center	12" off center	18" off center

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Current PAR data I collected so far...

But I need to play with this meter more..
I get very high readings when i'm next to the glass, thinking its probably reflected light.
So I started just going from center to left in 0,4,8,10,12 inch increments, avoiding the tank glass.

The glass readings need to be re-done, as I took them after I had the glass off for and hour or two. So they were colder than the tank (AC), and fogged up right as I was testing.

AI Prime Freshwater HD PAR Readings

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 4 also across my 125. After doing more work with these over time, I noticed I would have it just right with 6 of these lights. I will be buying the other two soon to finish up. Also I notice the fans on these can have noisy/vibrating fan blades. I’m not sure what to do with one of my units.

What do you think the avg par with 6 spread evenly across a 125 would put out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.