The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all !

I have a 42G bow-front using AHS 2 x 55 W and pressurized Co2.I placed the light 3~4 inches above the top of the tank. My question is do i really need the CO2 for this setup? I have placed the order for CO2 and it is not returnable .. I m new to this hobby , and did lot researches before putting up everything together; however, Im still very confused about the use and benefits of lights and CO2.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Did you mean 42 gallon? What are the measurements?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
If the two bulbs are side by side, you probably have high light, but if they are end to end, you should have low medium light. In either case CO2 will be a very big benefit in that it enables you to grow any plants you want, and grow them fast enough to enjoy watching them. Because of that faster growth the plants will need more NPK and trace elements than they would if you didn't use CO2, so reading up on the fertilizing forum sticky on dosing schemes would be very useful to you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank Hoppy and livingwood for such infos about the lighting , co2, and ferts

I havent been able to finish setting up the tank, and dont know how the results will be ? I definitely spend lil bit more time to collect more researches as much as i can

Btw i m really happy with the AHS , they are super bright and i placed them side by side in the canopy:icon_smil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.