The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I just got in my 36 watt bright kit from ah supply and i am having a little trouble figuring out what my finished product will look like. Anyone who has bought from them please send my some detailed pictures on what it looks like all done. Pictures of the enclosure and the reflector mountings will help a lot.
Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured it all out. Wasnt that hard once i got going at it. What I did was take a old enclosure from my 10 gallon and stripped everything out and then installed the 36 watt bright kit into this. I am almost done with it I will post pictures of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
336 Posts
You're probably going to want to take off the protective plastic coating on the reflector before you plug it in and start using it. If you're already aware of this, sweet, if not, you wouldn't be the first.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
HAHA I saw that gold coating and i just thought "Oh that must be a part of this" I will take that off now. Thanks
Don't feel bad. I had mine completely assembled and ready to light before I remembered to take the protective covering off.

Please do not stare directly into the reflector once the bulb is lit.....it hurts. :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
And.. while you're at it. Consider that these ballasts can be run remotely. If you dont feel all that safe about having your ballast above water you could use the length of endcap to get the ballast away from the tank and perhaps even into a nice enclosure that would tidy things up. Ive seen small plastic project boxes sold at stores like radioshack that with a few holes and grommets to match you could have a clean lookin ballast enclosure for cheap.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
And.. while you're at it. Consider that these ballasts can be run remotely. If you dont feel all that safe about having your ballast above water you could use the length of endcap to get the ballast away from the tank and perhaps even into a nice enclosure that would tidy things up. Ive seen small plastic project boxes sold at stores like radioshack that with a few holes and grommets to match you could have a clean lookin ballast enclosure for cheap.
Yep, I used one of those for my ballast. They're actually called "project boxes." Imaginative, huh? :icon_roll

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.