The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reluctantly had to neglect my tank for the past month. With a vacation planned and trying a massive last workload of homework and finals my tank has gone to hell. I need to get rid of this algae please tell me what it is and how i can get rid of it. I have already pulled out and thrown away many plants that just seemed to far gone. I need to get this fixed ASAP... Thanks to any one who can help....

PS: this stuff covers 90% of my gravel and almost all the plants....:( I hope some of them are salvageable. It is very thick and will take a ton of time to try and clear it all out. I have cleared it out before but it just came back, i need some kind of chemical treatment or something...

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
You got Blue Green algae. Physically remove it. It's comes off really easy..
Just vacuum it. Do a water change. And black out the tank for 3-4 days.

No chemicals.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It looks like BGA -- blue-green algae -- to me. Do a search for BGA and you'll find lots of ideas for solving the problem. Other people may have other ideas about what it might be, too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It shouldn't be too easy to get rid of, I would remove it, blackout and maybe get some shrimp or algea eater. Oh and be sure to check on your filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts