The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This molly is a female creamcicle molly. She started out as a 2inch fish from PetsMart--which I believed was an adult, who gave birth shortly after arrival. She remained peaceful up until about a month ago. I feed the tank once a day--This molly fish used to defend its offspring, now she chases her offspring away. The fish is ALWAYS hungry. I've never dealt with a 4 inch aggressive molly fish--Are these fishes suppossed to be 4 inches long with a 2.5 inch girth--The molly reminds me of a tropical carp-with a slender goldfish look...

Tank is 15 US gallon long tank

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Mollies can grow to 3-4 inches when fully grown, most of the time when you are at a petstore you will not be buying adult fish, most of them will still grow quite a bit, with the exception of some tetras. As for the aggressiveness, the molly may be chasing away male mollies who are attempting to breed with her, when I was keeping mollies I would observe this behavior. Also fish like mollies can become aggressive, I had his happen once with a gold fish, it would kill and eat fish smaller than it, was weird. Usually theres not a whole lot you can do with aggressive fish except try and give them more space, or get something thats more aggressive than they are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts