The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
yo aftika i do not recommend using the plant background and here's my reasons

(1) it will take away from the beauty of your natural plants that you have....it's kind of like two plant aquascapes battling each other...

(2) a black or a blue background would help with creating depth in the tank....

it doesn't matter what you do , it's your tank, but just give it some thought...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
ok there is a AGA entry from way back when.....i forget which year...but look for Detlef Hupfield...he won 1st place in a small tank entry....and his blue background is da SH****TTTT off da hook.,,,,, check it out...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
yup that's the one....awesome awesome... anyways, yea, darker would be nicer. say if you did something like that with darker blues... oh man, kind of like your avatar...and ooowwweeee you'd have something there....

take it from a former plant background owner, once you have a nice looking plant tank.... you won't need it anymore!!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
the beach!!! that's where you get driftwood!!! ayyyy yaiy yaiy.... i've been searching in rivers.....found nothing....

ok i'll check the beach next time...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
wow....i'm very impressed. how much do you charge to setup one like that for me? lol.. awesome very very nice. Everything is going well. keep those pics coming!!!1 can't get enough of those pics..

one thing though, i'm already foreseeing that 3 pieces of wood inthere will be too much....perhaps you can keep the middle one in there...and put your other two in other tanks...or ship them to me! jk

good luck!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Aftica said:
Yeah I think it will hold Ace - it's actually quite sturdy when open - now I don't recommend a brothel of Malaysian tap dancers to take up residence up there - but it's pretty sturdy.. :lol:

Vin - you bet I am itching totally just waiting to get eyes, nose, arms and feet into it... HOWEVER... it still sits there running the diatom and waiting...

I had to replace a fair bit of equipment, hoses, heaters and the like - just from age... so I ordered back on the 1st of December all my new stuff from various suppliers... I ordered all my CO2 regulators, Ph controllers, and stuff from aquatic-store.com and thats all here and waiting (and Kudos to Marc over at aquatic-store.com!!) - I ordered my Flourite from Mops.ca and obviously thats in the tank:)

HOWEVER I ordered 2 new Ebo-Jager heaters, various tetra tubing and connectors, and other supplies from That Fish Place. Co-incidentally there was a back order from the shipment. Well they shipped the main order on the 3rd of December and the backorder was shipped on December 16th... I got the backorder - but the first part of the order is still not here. I have to wait till January 3rd to tell thatfishplace that it's not arrived. Their policy apparently is after 30 days they will re-ship the order.

I called Canada Post - who USED to be able to track shipments by surname with amounts owing to customs etc but in their infinite wisdom they cannot do this anymore (So They Say!) I called Customs & Revenue Canada - they tell me that legally as a broker Canada Post has to provide the information, I go back to Canada Post and they say no - a supervisor then tells me that they are not a broker - they just deliver... I go back to customs.. they say they (Canada Post) IS most definitely a broker, and if I look at the bill I will be paying a $5.00 brokerage fee right on the damn bill... I went back to Canada Post - totally infuriated with the deception told to me by the supervisor... this time they don't know what to say.. they stammer a lot, put me on hold a lot, and finally they "Accidentally" cut me off while I am on hold...

Needless to say I am not very impressed with the people at Canada Post... Oh well if it don't arrive tomorrow I got to call TFP and get them to re-ship the order, less the Back Order.

Meanwhile I am in limbo land - Oh well - I kinda was going to wait for my Turbo-Twist UV and filter foams for my 103 to come in from Big Al's ...

Oh well - I just wanted to blow off steam since being hung up on yesterday :twisted:
a brothel of malaysian tap dancers?? omg, you made me laugh so hard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts