The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share with some of the members here pictures of AFA in San Francisco.

I picked up a Do!Aqua 60-F while I was there. Kinda wished I got the ADA 60-F instead. Next time I'm gonna get ADA for sure.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That last pic, wasn't that the main display tank in the front of the store? Do they tear it down?
Yes, it is the main display tank in the front of the store. I didn't know if it was a new display tank or a torn down tank because it was my first time there. Wish I would of seen that display tank, must be very very nice.

What light is that?!!

I miss SF. I want to go back and live at AFA :p
I don't think its an ADA product. Most of their stuffs are ADA product but not all. I would say the store has about 85% ADA, Do!Aqua, and Archaea product and 15% other brands.

Wow.

I'd hate to try to net fish out of a couple of those "display" tanks.
Probably that is why they don't have a pricing for fish or plants on those tank. I would hate to fish out some fish from those tanks.

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts

What light is that?!!

I miss SF. I want to go back and live at AFA :p
That's an archaea brand LED i think, not the ADA aquasky. Looks very similar though! They were growing that tank out for the longest time using 2 of the archaea led's that everyone is using on this board.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Wow, I didn't know they tore down the 180 P regularly, not that it's every been my favorite tank. I haven't been in about 2 years but used to go pretty regularly.

I am glad you posted some picks up of their plant tanks. A lot of people don't know that AFA has a super extensive variety of plants for sale, and a good quantity of them. They are also really well grown. I have only bought plants from AFA thus far and it's worth going to even if you aren't into the ADA thing.

·
Registered
828 Posts
If you're in the bay area there are 3 great freshwater aquariums - Aqua Forest in SF, Albany Aquarium in Oakland/Berkeley, and Neptunes Aquatic in Milpitas. Maybe a few more but I haven't been to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts