The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just upgraded to new tank which runs twin t8s and was stuck on what to put in it,I use to run one http://www.lampspecs.co.uk/Light-Bulbs-Tubes/Oceanic-Light/Narva-25W-Oceanic-Light-Aquarium-Tube-5K-2-5Ft-25-Watt in my old tank and worked great with the plants but need advice to put two of these in new one or run http://www.lampspecs.co.uk/Light-Bulbs-Tubes/Aquarium-12000K/Narva-25W-Oceanic-Star-Aquarium-Tube-2-5Ft-25-Watt along side it.
Would this be too much as it higher kelvin ? My tank is 160 litres and planted medium to heavy at the moment and no co2 running,don't want any bad algae growth if I run the wrong combination.

·
Are these real?
15,706 Posts
Kelvin is the color temperature, not the light intensity. Higher Kelvin doesn't mean more light, just that it is on the bluer side of the red/blue ratio. That's just some general input - not sure about the specific bulb you are linking to. It mentions "Live Plants" so it may work. Plants are very adaptable.

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Hi just upgraded to new tank which runs twin t8s and was stuck on what to put in it,I use to run one Narva 25W Oceanic Light Aquarium Tube 5K 2.5Ft 25 Watt in my old tank and worked great with the plants but need advice to put two of these in new one or run Narva 25W Oceanic Star Aquarium Tube 2.5Ft 25 Watt along side it.
Would this be too much as it higher kelvin ? My tank is 160 litres and planted medium to heavy at the moment and no co2 running,don't want any bad algae growth if I run the wrong combination.
[email protected] plus [email protected] 12000k "average" 6500k approx..
Out of curiosity, if you had success w/ the 5000k why are you considering changing it..

Doubling the light output will increase algae more than color temp..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for replies guys,wasn't thinking of changing as much just having the option of two tubes now wondered which two was best with being bigger tank or just stick with running one tube if it's enough,very puzzled as didn't want bad algae but wanted to make sure was getting enough light to plants.

Bump:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts