The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to use petite nana as groundcover? I read that they grow slow and stay small so I figured it would do good for designing the foreground. On the other hand, since you don't really plant the roots I fear they would be uprooted by pleco, or loach or cory should I choose one of these.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It grows so slow it wouldn't work for groundcover-and it doesnt really spread out like other cover plants. It could definately be uprooted by a pleco or loach-but it would be easy enough to just stick back in the ground where it was.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No water yet. Still planning. Got filter and new lamp and gathering everything right now. Doing a lot of reading about the flora and fauna I would like to keep and finding which ones will all be compatible. Just want to do it the best I can so I can reduce my chance of failure.

·
Registered
218 Posts
anything is possible...if you had enough petite you could use it as a ground cover...especially in a nano tank...attach it to a small rock or wood and you would not have to worry about it being uprooted...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.