The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I recently started a 2.5gal tank with only DHG. I am using ADA Amazonia and a Finnex Stingray with 10hr photoperiods. Everything was going great, but now what appears to be fungus (white fuzzy stuff) keeps cropping up on my DHG. I spot treat it with hydrogen peroxide, which works well, but it simply comes back the next day. I have no puddles in my tank and have not been misting. I do live in S. Louisiana where it is very moist. I am using a glass top canopy that allows for air exchange and still open everything up for about 10 minutes a day. I am only 3 days in and spot treating every day just seems like a pain. My question is should I just go ahead flood it? The only reason I did DSM is A) I have a small slope I really want to keep and I was hoping by using dry start the roots would keep everything together and B) the DHG I got was grown emersed to begin with.

Attached are some pictures, it was hard capturing the growth, but you can kinda see it in the last one:

Advice? Suggestions? What would you do?
Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Anyone out there??!

Unsure of what to do I went ahead and flooded it:

Someone on another forum recommended I cut everything down to promote new growth, which makes sense to me. Can anyone else attest to this?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts