The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this fluval spec V set up for a couple of years like this now and every time I look at it, it just doesn't seem to look right. It's a low light (stock light) and low tech (I dose excel when I remember) tank and currently I have it socked with two endlers and a couple of ottos. I would LOVE some advice from anyone on how to make this more eye catching. I'm willing to try anything so go ahead and throw something at me! Move things around? Different plants? Add some rocks? Make some hills? I'm also contemplating adding some shrimp in the future...

Sorry about bad photo, it was the best I could do...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I actually thing the base hardscape is quite nice. I think it's just not lush enough (also the light's a bit dark to see the tank). I would say plant more heavily and get a slightly brighter light because some of your plants look a bit sad as well. Maybe throw some crypts at the back, or a really big Java fern clump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
852 Posts
maybe some dwarf hygro in the back corner? or a background of some sort.Ludwigia repens would look neat too,plus add some color.

is that a hydor theo heater? if it is,it'll fit in the pump compartment.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have Anubias and Crypts in my Specs. They both handle low light very well. I bought a new LED for the 5 Gallon. It is overkill so I have algae issues, but I am able to grow Wisteria in that tank along with the original plants.

The great thing about Cryptocornes is the variety available. You could get several kinds in varying colors, heights and leaf form and really fill in your tank.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would move the right branch to the left closer/behind the branch on the left. It will give a nice flow throughout the tank and you could put some anubias petite or moss on it in addition to your Java ferns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.