The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice for [12.75"L x 48.5"W x 25"H] LED inexpensive lighting for a freshwater planted aquarium? I would like to provide the best economical lighting for my plants. I will dose will co2 and ferts. I will also have shrimp, snails, fish, and a variety of plants. Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
That is a standard 55 gallon tank. A 48 inch long Finnex Planted + light will work fine for that, giving you low medium light. If you use CO2 with that you can grow most plants. If you want really colorful plants, not just green, with subdued colored areas, you will need more light. Perhaps a Finnex Planted + 24/7 light might work. There are, of course, many other choices in lighting, all of which can work very well, depending on what you consider "best" to mean.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hoppy for the advice... I am planning on growing at least some Ludwigia Peruensis (Ludwigia glandulosa) [Red]... I plan on growing some Dwarf hairgrass, Dwarf Baby Tears... some micro swords... then some corkscrew vals, 6 stalks of Anacharis, and moneywart for my background... Trying to be as economical as possible while supplying enough light for these varieties... This is my second venture with aquariums... It seems easier and more satisfying to plan everything out first... I've been away for several years... There has been some advancement in lighting(LED's) that i'm totally new to(Low Price versus High Plant Benefit).

What are some of the other economical choices for lighting?

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
Thanks Hoppy for the advice... I am planning on growing at least some Ludwigia Peruensis (Ludwigia glandulosa) [Red]... I plan on growing some Dwarf hairgrass, Dwarf Baby Tears... some micro swords... then some corkscrew vals, 6 stalks of Anacharis, and moneywart for my background... Trying to be as economical as possible while supplying enough light for these varieties... This is my second venture with aquariums... It seems easier and more satisfying to plan everything out first... I've been away for several years... There has been some advancement in lighting(LED's) that i'm totally new to(Low Price versus High Plant Benefit).

What are some of the other economical choices for lighting?
There are at least 3 Beamsworks 48" that will work..
3W quad w/ dual power supplies would give you all the light you would ever need..

Reactions: bru2586320
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.