The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Got wood???
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DIYer dream come true:

I bought a box of ten brand new Advance 4 bulb electronic quick start ballasts last year for my 240 Gallon project; however I have decided to use that tank for turtles rather than planting it. I am selling a total of 6 ballasts. Model # REL-4P32-SC

I am selling these ballasts, which are brand new in their original bowes / wrappers for $10.00 each plus shipping.

In case you were wondering these ballasts are ideal candidates for ODNO / DIY lights for planted tank applications. Pictures available.

I will consider trades for live plants or shrimp, but am only running 2 nano planted tanks right now. Some plants I am looking for: Baby tears regular and micro, riccia, anubias nana, any other nano friendly plants.)

PM me with questions / offers.

God Bless!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did you mean 4P32SC? I couldn't find the 432SC in Advance's catalog.

If so, I would like one. Please PM shipping / PayPal details.

Thanks,

- Mg

·
Got wood???
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the confusion:

Model REL-4P32-SC

I have used one of these ballasts (2X ODNO) over my two 10 gallon nanos with 65K T8 bulbs with great results.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I cant find any specs on it. Can it run t5's?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I believe they can run T5's but I am not certain...check with GulfCoastaquarian or BlueRam to be sure.
Using this product with T5 is not a listed application on the advance website:
Advance Online Catalog - Fluorescent Ballast Search Page
http://www.advancetransformer.com/eCatalog/out/10318055311.pdf

The sticky article discussing ODNO with several types of bulbs (the T6 may be a T5?):
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/lighting/21257-odno-measurements-power-consumption-vs-light.html

DIY or ODNO most likely invalidates the manufacturer's warranty etc.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
The manufacturer will tell you that they don't work for T5 bulbs.

I use them for T5 bulbs just fine. One of our members did some stress testing, and it worked surprisingly well.
Nice job from a 'member.' I like the statement that:
"The ballast doesn't know to read the label on the bulbs."

Methinks this deserves a sticky in lighting.

·
Got wood???
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
emptied PM box.
cclansman had dibs on one.

I found one more in my garage AKA "cave of wonders". So I actually have one more left.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts