The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have angels in the 2-4 inch body range in my planted tank. What do you think the chances of adult RCS surviving in there with them is?

I know the angels will eat any shrimp babies.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I bet there are more factors than that Zebrapl3co. I've seen people say never keep neon tetras with angels while one of Amano's and ADG's tanks had them living together.

Yes hiding spaces would help but gradually the population would equalize with the rate of baby shrimp growing and the rate of them being eaten.

Perhaps it may have to do with how well fed the angels are as well. Temperature? Season? I bet too many things could factor in whether or not angels will eat something.

But if you DO plan to keep them leave hiding spaces in the tank and introduce your shrimp into the tank at night so that the angel's won't eat the flying shrimp descending into the tank. And the shrimp in the beginning may be excited and run around the tank leaving the angels to eat them. Night will give them the whole night to calm down and the angel's won't eat them when introduced as long as its not RIGHT after lights off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.