The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently fell in love with the Tonina plant species and from what I've read, my 17dgH/14dkH water won't cut it. I use an RO/DI filter for my 100g, but I have a question that I can't answer unless I go buy a new water test kit.

I am assuming that a 50/50 mixture of RO/DI and tap would result in 8.5dgH/7dkH...am I wrong?

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
I have recently fell in love with the Tonina plant species and from what I've read, my 17dgH/14dkH water won't cut it. I use an RO/DI filter for my 100g, but I have a question that I can't answer unless I go buy a new water test kit.

I am assuming that a 50/50 mixture of RO/DI and tap would result in 8.5dgH/7dkH...am I wrong?
you are correct but still 8.5dgH/7dkH is still high for the Tonina. i recommend that you use 25% tap and 75% RO water.

in my own tank i use 10% Tap and 90% RO/DI water and i get the reading of .5-1Kh and 5-6GH by end of the week when am about to change the water. keep in mind that adding nutrients will also add some GH to the water.

KH is more important than the GH, keep the KH low as possible, i would say 1-2KH. but tonina will be fine under 5.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.