The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, noob here that's been hiding in the back for a while. Anyways, after researching for a couple months, I picked up a full atomic setup from Gla. V3 regulator, atomic diffuser, Gla bubble checker, etc.

I have tinkered with the setup alongside my drop checker and have the system running around 1bps steadily. My problem is that every morning my bps drops waaaay down and never recovers even after the system fully pressurizes. I have checked the system for leaks with soapy water-no luck.

The atomic v3 is a fixed pressure reg, so I can't attempt to raise my working pressure to correct the issue either. The gauge on the regulator currently reads 3 bar. Any suggestions?

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
3 bar should be plenty of working pressure to work the atomic diffuser. Have you contacted GLA about your issues?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't spoken with Orlando yet. It seems like a pretty persistent issue from searching around, but nobody seems to have posted a solution haha.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was having the same issue so I UPed the low pressure gage to 50 PSI (high and low are both set to 50 now) and adjusted the needle valve accordingly. I was a little worried this might blow a gasket when the solenoid starts up the unit each day but so far so good going on 2 weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts