The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
only possibly because I set it up in the ADG gallery without double checking first. So we'll see if it passes the test or not. Kind of wanted to do a driftwood layout since I want to do an Iwagumi on my desk, and the feng shui of the gallery would be off without another driftwood layout.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
next video probably in a week or so. We've got a business engagement at the moment (boring side of stuff!) taking up a lot of time.

Actually, there isn't that much in the way of small pieces of driftwood available for mini tanks. Ironically, Iwagumi is easier in smaller sizes (aquariums), and driftwood in larger aquariums.

That arrangement is actually 4 pieces of driftwood composed together. These particular pieces were actually mixed in with our latest tx select shipment. They're not tx select, but another type of wood that is rarish in the area since most people don't cut down these kinds of trees often. So in about 3 harvests of tx select there's only been a small box full of this stuff that's been harvested. Perfect for a Nano.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure yet. Thinking along the lines of a basic carpet, maybe a crypt of some sort (like a low-growing lucens), some stems and a touch of hair grass. Probably some trident java fern.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like I got approval from the Senske's to run with it in the ADG gallery :)

Planting scheme will likely now be glosso carpet. touch of crypt lucens on some of the edges with a backdrop of ludwigia arcuata and a hygro.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The equipment is full-bore ADA compliant. Solar Mini M, Mini M, Mini M Glass Stand, Mini V-1 & Mini P-1 Lily Pipes, Co2 Advanced System, Eheim 2211 (this is the model they use for the Mini S & M in the NA Gallery as well, since smallest super jet is for a 45 or 60-P).

Full range of tools as well. Substrate will be Bacter 100, Clear Super, Penac W, Penac P, New Amazonia Powder Type.

Filter Media will start with Bio Cube 20, NA Carbon (switch to Bio Rio after 2-3 months) & Tourmaline F.

Dosing will start with Green Bacter for bene bacteria growth, Brighty K, after week one Green Brighty Step 1 will be added.

Water will be the mix I devised of RODI + seachem equilibrium for mineral restoration.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.