The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out what exactly would be my best bet for a 75 gallon (standard size) planted, with CO2.

I will be using a Rex style Reactor approximately 2 1/2" diameter by 16 inches long.

My question is if I plumb the Rex reactor into the outlet of an EHEIM 2217 how much will the flow rate be hurting???

I was thinking of filtering the tank with an Eheim 2217 AND an Aquaclear 110 HOB.

OR

An Aquatop CF500UV (525gph) with the reactor plumbed in AND AC 110.

OR

Eheim 2217 AND Aquatop CF500 with the reactor plumbed into one of them.

OR

??????? Any Help.... Please!!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you have it available I'd do 2 canisters.

Did you break down your nano in your signature? You were using the eheim on that right? I looked because I just set up a Mini-m and wanted to see your layout.. I did it on the cheap side with eco complete LOL

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a fx5 and Ehiem pro II on my 75 and have plenty of filtration and flow without overpowering anything with my reactor in line on the fx5. Go with 2 cans for sure!

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
I ran a couple 75 with reactors and 2217 and found they did all I wanted. But there might be a point to question when comparing things. Be aware that some of the later mods on his design are not as good as the original and some do knock the flow a lot. Some are noisy. So it depends on what "version" of the Rex Grigg's design you use. Original worked good but some mods are suspect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts