The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already 2 150W HQI's on my 90Gal. Planted tank. That puts me a little over 3 WPG. Low lighting to Mid. I am going to put in some PC 96W in the some unit that already has Act in there. I am going to replace them with eather dual 96W 10k or dual 96W 10K & 67K. Im wanting to go with the dual 96W 10K. What are your ideas?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Do you have a good pressurized CO2 system, a good way to diffuse the CO2 into the water, and very good water circulation in the tank? If so, and if you enjoy pruning your plants twice a week, doing lots of cleaning and "fluffing" of the plants at least weekly, and you are willing to fertilize so no nutrient is limiting the plants growth, then adding the extra light might work out well for you. Otherwise, I don't think you will be glad you did that.

Good CO2 concentration and distribution, with good water circulation in the tank are much more important for good healthy plant growth than high light intensity. And, that is true even for moderate to low light intensity.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have pressurized Co2 system with a Aqua Medic CO2 Reactor. Was at 34bmp now at 52bpm for testing my brown algea. I have ok circilation do to having a planted discus tank. I do not mind playing with my tank every day if need. Just as long it looks like a show tank or better. Im am moving about 500GPH to 600GPH in my 90Gal.
What looks to be the best thing to do with my lighing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts