The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am running pressurized CO2, and have removed many of the old fish (some ratty old platys) and have some Cherry Red Shrimp, three otos and a platy. Plants have been doing well, but had to adjust (reduce) the CO2 when I first went pressurized, fish were acting "weird". Not at top looking for O2, but swimming around moss swimming into substrate, etc.

Dialed down the CO2, fish were ok, then inched it up slowly, plants started pearling, and fish were fine....

But now I have added 10 panda tetras tonight, they were all around the surface, at first I thought they were hungry, then it dawned on me!!! They were probably not used to a CO2 tank....so what is the process when adding fish? I have added fish before, but never had pressurized CO2 to deal with, do you always dial it down when adding fish, until they get acclimated?

I have a CO2 drop checker, it is green....

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're adding them to a CO2-injected tank, I'd drop down the CO2 for a few days and slowly increase back up just like you did last time around.
Thanks, this is what I was really getting at. I ended up turning of CO2, and they seemed to be doing better, (not swimming at the surface at least)

I am slowly inching it up again!

:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.