The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I've been absent from these forums for a while, but I finally got some free time again, and just got my fish room rolling. Basically, it's 15 30g tanks(2'x2'x1') all drilled and runs to a 50g container with 3000 bio balls(coming soon) and spills into a 150g 5' baby pool, all ran by a supreme hy drive 4000gph pump. I have 6 LDA 31 in attempt to be the first to spawn them(aka mustard spot pleco) and I've got a few geophagus surinamensis coming up to size. I plan on doing a few different types of apistos, german blue rams, and some pelvichromis species, as well as some corycats. Let me know what you think, we just got it plumbed and running 2 days ago. Enjoy, I know I will. And of course, lighting to come, and plants will be involved.

Adam

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Looks really impressive. I like the simple yet very functional design. Looking forward to seeing all of those tanks filled up w/fish in them. Keep us posted and good luck with your breeding aspirations!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I've worked at several LFS here, and this is truly a very simple yet VERY functional filtration system. Each tank is turned over 8 times per hour. Will be updating this as it cycles and stocks.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd have nightmares about that plumbing for years to come. lol
My buddy is a plumber. Professional grade everything. No nightmares at all.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Thanks. I've worked at several LFS
This doesn't surprise me. My first initial thought when I saw your setup was "LFS". It looks really professional and the plumbing is amazing. Your work experience definitely paid off! It's always nice to have a dad who's a plumber if you want 600 gallons of water in your basement.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tanks are custom, but not my specs. I got them from an lfs I worked at, when the owners retired. 24"x24"x12", 30g. All glass aquarium(aqueon now) 1996. Made by Diane lol...still have the tags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts