The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK it is being shipped to me today wooohoo.....look for a progression thread on this, as I will try something new and exciting...yes I am going to actually PLAN it...lol

Please note...I will not be using auto-dosers or auto-waterchangers as I live in a Manhattan apartment....so don't look for neat stirbars and magnet plates, and there will be no inverse volumetric flasks for ferts....but I will try to deliver an interesting scape and good algae-free growth.
Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Woohoo! Can't wait to see it. I will one day own one of these myself. Good luck.:proud:

·
Registered
324 Posts
That's Awesome... I bet you've been planning it in your head for awhile...

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am already on the dark side....my whole apartment is run by computers we set up...oh I am not afraid!!! it is just impractical....I can't plumb anything where my tank sits. I am in the penthouse of an apt. building, so I would be affecting 12 floors in my selfishness......so it has to stay as is....my python for changes. As for autodosing...dosing is as easy as feeding is at this point, so having a pile of wires and such is really unnecessary for me. Believe me, I have the propensity for taking things way over the top, so fear isn't the reason :icon_mrgr

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
FN, congrats on the new tank! Are you selling your 90?

Wasserpest's autodose with a $15 Aquarium Systems 606 pump with a dose syringe connected to it then airline works great with a plastic cereal container. I can dose 3 weeks of trace, NO3 and K. I use an $11 digital timer for a one minute dose every day. If I set up a second one I could dose PO4. But for now, I'm doing that manually. Plants are definitely happier, cause I'm not missing doses, as I tend to do. And it saves mucho time!

BTW, IMO, it ain't the dark side, but rather the enlightened side! LOL

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Bob...the autodoser is definitely something I will look into doing, just the auto-changer is not feasibile with my situation.It also has to be incognito as I have a unique stand situation~very open on the bottom
Maybe I will sell the SeaClear....I will see how nicely it cleans up first~ If so someone will get one hell of a deal!
and hell yeah, it is a bright side for sure~

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ian, I am foregoing the powersand, and I am using some of the mulm from my eco-complete instead. I do a lot of moving around, and I don't want to pick little specs out of the AS from now until the end of time...Since eco is similar in color, if it gets mixed up it will not be noticable.

Snapple, I ordered it from Jeff Senske...He is a swaetheart.

Dang....I hope it doesn't disappoint~

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
here is a really bad pic of the 90 gal I am getting rid of ...lol
I have been bad about photographing it when it peaks. Right now it is this massive grow out tank.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Word! Tank Gone Wild! Looks good, are sure she's 18:)

Good luck on your new setup, I'm sure it will be the bomb. One day I would love to get an ADA setup as well. The price on those cool stands are arse kickers. Good thing ADG is down the street to save on some shipping though.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I agree it's amazing!

ADA is the cats meow! I'm with you on the shipping dougiefresh, blessed with ADG!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Geez, based on what you have in the grow-out, you're going to have some great (unlimited) possibilities with the new setup! This will be fun to see how your project evolves!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts