The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm going Christmas shopping for a new tank on Saturday! I really want some ADA stuff and been saving like crazy. I called Octopuss' Garden just now and they say that no one in San Diego sells ADA and Aquatic Warehouse used to...

Any information where I can buy some sexy glass love?

Cheers,
Justin

·
Registered
423 Posts
if you're willing to drive up to Santa Monica, there's always Nature Aquarium. There are also the Mr. Aqua rimless tanks from MarineDepot in Garden Grove.

·
Registered
423 Posts
If it's sexy you want, then sacrifices will need to be made. lol

Aquatic Warehouse carries ADA supplies, or they did like 2 months ago. Did you ask if/why they stopped carrying ADA items? The only stores that import and sell ADA items in CA are NA in Santa Monica and Aqua Forest Aquarium in San Francisco.

And why would they kill you? You're on winter break and it's your money, right?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My parents said and I quote "We told you we would let you buy a new tank, but no way we are going to drive two hours so you could buy one..." so...

Honestly, I'm not looking for the tank, but lily pipes and Amazonia

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Just order what you need from Aqua Forest. I live in the Bay Area and it was cheaper for me to have 3 bags of Aquasoil shipped than it would have been to drive to pick it up.

The online price for Aquasoil is $28 for a 9 liter bag (to offset shipping costs). It sells for $36 in the store. With tax and shipping I paid $106.88 for three 9 liter bags. Comes to $35.62 a bag. If I had driven to SF I would have paid $36 per bag plus tax and driving would have meant $8 in tolls plus $6+ in gas. Saved over $20.

When you add the items to your shopping cart you can get a shipping estimate without having to add credit card info. If you don't like the shipping price cancel the order.

There just aren't a lot of options for getting these products. I found the shipping prices from ADG to be more expensive than Aqua Forest but you may want to check with them too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.