The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Christmas I was given an ADA Pollen Glass CO2 diffuser (the one for tanks up to 25G), which I intended to use on my 20G tank. Currently, I have a 2L DIY CO2 bottle hooked up directly to my HOB filter intake. This setup has provided results, but it is certainly not elegant and I understand that the CO2 may cause long-term damage to the filter components.

After connecting my new ADA diffuser following the provided directions, I noticed that no CO2 was was actually crossing the diffusion base. A few seconds later I heard my check valve "pop", so I quickly detached the diffuser from the CO2 supply hose, which created another "pop" as the built up co2 pressure was released from the hose.

Obviously, my CO2 isn't crossing the diffusion base and I am wondering why this is? Is it a faulty piece? Did I do something wrong? Is there not enough CO2 pressure?

I was under the impression that the ADA glass diffusers worked well with DIY set-ups and I would hate to have this diffuser go for not, so I greatly appreciate any help/tips/insights/comments.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
jbot

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I was using DIY CO2 I could never get it to work, not enough pressure buildup to force it through. I'd guess that some other connection between bottle and diffuser gave out under the pressure build up before the diffuser started to work. Either that or the pressure stopped CO2 production.
Same setup using pressurized CO2 worked just fine.

This was a Rhinox diffuser, so ADA may work under less pressure but I've never had the pleasure of using one :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts