The Planted Tank Forum banner

ADA Mini-M "Simple"

7K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Outlawboss 
#1 ·
I started this scape in early July. The Mini-M set was sitting around for a while. Nothing special in the scape just a " Simple" plant layout to add a little beauty to my living room. I hate the stand it's on though.

Here are the tank specs.
Tank: ADA Mini-M ( Approx 5.5 US G)
Substrate : ADA Aquasoil II, Power Sand special, Tourmalin BC and Bright Sand
Light: 27 W PC with 8000 K using ADA SOLAR Mini
Filter: Eheim Ecco 2232
Fertilizer: ADA Brighty K
Step 1
Step 2
Brighty Special Lights
Florish Iron
ECA
Green Gain
Green Bacter
Co2: CO2 Advance System 1bubble/sec diffused with a nano diffuser
Hardscape: Local Texas rock called Magma rock and ADA Black Wood
Plants:
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Staurogyne sp. ‘Porto Velho’
Rotala rotundifolia
Ludwigia arcuata
Rotala sp. ‘Colorata’
Rotala sp ‘Green’
Fissiden fontanus
Taxiphyllum barbieri
Subwassertang
Cryptocoryne x willisii
Anubias nana ‘micro’
Microsorum pteropus ‘Needle leaf’

Fish : Axelrodia riesei
Corydoras pygmaeus
Shrimp:Neocaridina heteropoda var. ‘Red’

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Bhushan

See less See more
#3 ·
It looks nice, I wish I had it in my living room.

#7 ·
Thanks. The problem with the stand is I cannot use the ADA Lilly pipes with it.

Is that the HM in the back left corner?

I think it fills it's roll of adding a little beauty quite well. I would love to have this tank in my livingroom.
Thanks for the compliments. The plant in the left corner which is crawling is Staurogyne sp. ‘Porto Velho’ . The HM is on the front right side.

Bhushan

#13 ·
Thanks for the compliments.

Those Corydoras pygmaeus are awesome!!

Nice tank, very simple but elegant. Where's the filter though?
Thanks. As mentioned, I generally take out the filter pipes and diffuser before taking the pictures.

Because of the 10 gal. tank that you have and this one to me you are one of the best US aquascapers.

Your tanks look simple and not "forced" in any way. That really makes them work!

--Nikolay
Nikolay, thanks a lot for the great compliment. I am still waiting for you and Lue to visit our place and see the tanks in person.
Later

Bhushan

#14 ·
This is indeed one very beautiful Mini M tank. I've been lurking here for a while, but I have to say, good job with your tank. It definitely has a very natural aesthetic feel to it. So thats a huge plus. =D

Out of curiosity, do you think the ADA Solar was worth the money or do you think you would have went with another lighting setup if you were given the choice.

#16 ·
Heartnet, thanks for the compliments. The ADA Solar Mini is worth the price for the looks, built quality and for the easy access to the tank when doing maintenance. I had given this set up a lot of thought before buying it. I could not come up with a better looking option which provided what most of the plants needed. I only wish ADA could somehow squeeze in a 36-40W lamp in this fixture.
Now that would make it perfect.

Another beautiful scape! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot.

Bhushan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.