The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
25th of this month I will be ordering the first tank of three for my new shrimp setup.
I plan on RCS for one tank, CRS for another and I havn't chosen which shrimp for the 3rd tank yet, but I got my eye on some Blue Tiger's maybe.

I have a couple of questions though ..
The size of tank I was looking at is the ADA Cube Garden Mini L: 45 x 24 x 30, is this a good size to breed shrimp?

I also found out that ADA have a range called DO!Aqua, also in the same dimensions which isn't optiwhite glass but just regular glass.

http://www.thegreenmachineonline.co...uariums/doaqua-cube-glass-45-x-24-x-30-mini-l

Do I really need optiwhite glass for a shrimp tank? Will it really be a noticable difference?
Anyone own either of these tanks, are they both good tanks? is it worth spending the extra money for the optiwhite ADA version?
The difference in price is about £32 each tank, which although isn't a great deal of difference could go towards other bits I need for this setup.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Its mostly a personal preference but i like the ADA tanks.

Most threads I've read they use at least a 60L tank.
If your going for the mini L just get the 45P. It is slightly wider.

Check out some threads there some nice shrimp set ups.
Shrimpnmoss has one that I used as my setup.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kazuya your ADA 60P Journal is amazing and very inspiring! question though, I see you use a c02 setup with CRS, does that in any way effect the breeding of shrimps at all, what I mean is would they breed better without c02? I see most shrimp setups don't use Co2, is that just because they only use mosses rather then the fully planted approach?
Also did you have to soak that wood first or is it a wood that dosn't release any tannins? (wood in the before pic on first page)

thanks for your time ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I use CO2 because of plants (actually got them from The green machine).
Still no luck with breeding.
Finally have a R/O unit. Hopefully that works.
My next setup is with just moss, no CO2 required.

The wood I boiled and then let it sit for a day. Did not release anything.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ADA 45p is is a better size for not much more money your right!, its worth it for the extra few cms, I didnt even see that one on that site until you mentioned it thankyou for your all your help ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.