The Planted Tank Forum banner

ADA aquasoil

1144 5
Let's say If I would take 2 months to set a hardscape while buying other equipment. Would the soil run out If it's not airtight and wet.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nothing will happen, if you are trying a dry start, spray some water everyday and keep the tank covered. IF you have only set the hard scape and you do not have any plants, keep the tank covered. AQUA soil has a lot of dust(Not the granules) that will get blown about even with slight air movement.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nothing will happen, if you are trying a dry start, spray some water everyday and keep the tank covered. IF you have only set the hard scape and you do not have any plants, keep the tank covered. AQUA soil has a lot of dust(Not the granules) that will get blown about even with slight air movement.
Don't wanna dry start but need to get some money to get lighting / plants etc. In the meantime I would like to buy soil and try some scapes. Would kitchen wrap be good to cover it? Should I leave a small opening?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would just get a cardboard box and some sand. Try your scapes there instead of opening your aquasoil bag and exposing it to air, dust, etc. Just take pics of each version you like and recreate it once you get everything together.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I agree with Botia dude for your purpose a cardboard box with sand would be much better. Not to mention the fact that you protect your aquarium glass from getting any rock bumps and hits while rearranging. Aquasoil also is easily squished and you end up damaging some of it if take your time and fuss with the rock arrangement. More so, it is harder to clean from hardscape than dry sand.

Finally, regarding the original question, it would likely be fine but I would cover it with cling-foil and lightly mist once a week to keep that earthy smell.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Guess I just wait then till I have all equipment. Can't use focal points on cardboard box and misting it with no plants in feels bad. Not sure about doing dry start my plan is monte carlo, mini dhg and Helianthemum tenellum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.