The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright you guys, I have a couple of questions. First: How much (how many liters) of Aquasoil would be enough for a 2.5 gallon (13x6 inches)? Second: Which is better AS II or AS I? Oh, by the way, I want the substrate to be about 3 inches thick.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
...and also apply some common sense. 3.8l in a 9l tank is too much. 40% of the tank will be substrate. 3" of substrate is meant for larger tanks. I doubt most people even put 3" in a 10g. 2l sounds like plenty for a 2.5g tank. That will give you nearly 2" in an 8" high tank, probably still more than you want. You may decide you only want a bit over 1".

·
Registered
93 Posts
Allright you guys, I have a couple of questions. First: How much (how many liters) of Aquasoil would be enough for a 2.5 gallon (13x6 inches)? Second: Which is better AS II or AS I? Oh, by the way, I want the substrate to be about 3 inches thick.
I used up roughly 4L Aquasoil in my 2 gallon for about 2.5ish inch layer. So, if I had to guess, probably 5L would be enough for what you're looking for.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought a 3L bag of amazonia 2 for my 5.5 gallon. A 3l bag will be PLENTY for you.

Keep in mind the ammonia will be high for a while. Mine was high for about a month before I added fish. It was still at .25 when I did add fish. I'm assuming its because there is a smaller amount of water in the tank after substrate and hardscape are added, so it's easier for ammonia and what not to remain high as the soil leaches it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.